Saturday, February 18, 2012
3 Debt Relief Tips
There are many reasons people fall into debt today. It's true that some of these reasons could be directly accredited to miscalculations, but I'm sure that it's very hard to get your numbers and decisions right, especially in an economy like today's one. We're seeing people lose their jobs every day. We see families becoming homeless in an eye glance. Most people are also drowning in debt and they couldn't seem to find a way out. They say that there is a solution to every problem, and I believe there is. However, this solution may seem hard to most people. I believe that getting out of debt requires a lot of dedication and hard work basically because you're going backward in your lifestyle. If you happen to have a family, then this will be much harder. I don't mean to scare you or anything here, but if you really want to improve your life, you need to take exceptional measures that most people won't have the courage to take. If you're serious about getting out of debt, here are some tips to help you do so:
1- Learn to differentiate between your wants and your needs:
Basically, if you can't survive without it, then you can't afford to lose it. This is exactly the mindset that you should have to get out of debt. The biggest problem in getting in debt in the first place is that people don't really realize if something they have bought is necessary or not. They might see their friends buy it, and want just to do the same. I know that today's conditions encourage you to spend more until you have nothing left, but you need to be responsible, especially if you have a family that is relying on you. To be clear with you, the only things that you need to be spending your money on if you're in debt are food; a roof over your head and clothing, and even those, you shouldn't go extreme about them.
2- Stop right there:
As soon as you realize the problem, you need to stop right there. Most procrastinators will say that they'll think of the whole debt relief thing the next week or month, but you shouldn't be one of them. As soon as you realize that you have a debt problem, you need to start acting immediately and limit your spending habits.
3- Tracking is the key:
I believe that the main reason people fall in debt is that they don't track their spending. When it comes to minor ones, most people just ignore to write them down because they think it's not really worth it. I did a little test on my spending, and I noticed that the month that I don't track every penny I spend in, I end up spending more than the other months. This leads us to believe that people tend to forget and that's what the pen and paper (or computer in our time) is made for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment